[scribus] Missing fonts

STEVEN WALKER steven.dfirst at virgin.net
Fri Apr 21 23:46:18 UTC 2017

Good for you !

I hate Word. I hate Bill Gates for creating it and I hate anyone who pays them
money to perpetuate it.

- the heart breaking little swine that it is . . .

But; having now been forced as far as editing the registry to stifle the damned
Cortana . . .

I suspect this fonts business will become more and more of a hassle.

Certainly if Scribus can mark a font as "bad" . . . that kinda' suggests it can
have other opinions about them too.

Jo said that Trajan Pro wasn't working.

My own copy popped shut after a windows 10 update. So I offered that as a
suggestion.

The business model is simple; the various fonts store sell the Microsoft fonts
for cash; fonts like Trajan Pro.

- and yet till recently they were also given away for free in Windows . . .

Hmmm - that surely must have created cries of "foul" from the font shops; and an
outbreak of slobbering from Microsoft.

- why give something away fo free; when they could sell it for £49

Gosh; what a conundrum . . . what to do . . . what to do . . . .

So the latest update scrubbed the same "free" fonts that they were also selling
for money on the fonts shops.

Hence my copy of Trajan Pro disappeared.

The question is; how long will it take MS to figure out that I have the Win 10
update . . . yet I still have a copy of Trajan Pro originally supplied in a Win
7 package?

- probably about 0.02 seconds after they read this email.

Good night.

Steven