[scribus] compiling from jluc script.

scrib at wexfordpress.com scrib at wexfordpress.com
Sat Apr 1 20:13:51 UTC 2017

I use slackware 14.2. To avoid permisison problems I gave root permissions
to my user signon.
 I am compiling scribus using the venerable but still useful jluc script
called makesvn. I added a line at the beginning:
 rm -r /localbin/*
 each compile is run with:
 ./makesvn  21853
 I  advance the above number by 1 on each run.
  Revision 21853 yields a workable scribus but the following messages
occur::

 . /localbin/scribus153svn/bin/scribus-1.5.3.svn
pathForIcon: Unable to load icon
/localbin/scribus153svn/share/scribus-1.5.3.svn/icons/1_5_1/zeichen.png:
File not found

 I will continue till I get a failure either at the compile step or the
running step.

 Stay tuned ----

 John Culleton