[scribus] Fuzzy shadow behind text

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Sep 6 13:24:53 UTC 2016

On 09/06/2016 08:46 AM, David Burleigh wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Sep 2016 15:43:17 +0300
> Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 3:32 PM, David Burleigh wrote:
>>  [...]
>>
>> fuzzy == with a gaussian blur?
>>
>> Alex
>
> Yes, I suppose "blur" is the proper term.

If you are using 1.5.x versions, there is now a Drop Shadow tab in
Properties, and the nice thing about it is that it gives a drop shadow
to the content of the frame, so in other words, with text each character
has its own drop shadow, and with an image, the image has the drop
shadow, not the frame (in case the image doesn't fill the frame). There
are quite a number of parameters you can adjust, like color, shade,
opacity, etc.

I used to do this in Gimp, then reload the content, but this is so much
easier. I also made a script that created a shadow of sorts, but this
was for the frame.

Greg