[scribus] Hebrew support

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Mon Sep 5 21:16:54 UTC 2016

> On 05 Sep 2016, at 22:28, Szántó-Várnagy Binjomin <binjomin at lativ.hu> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> thank you, worked! But another problem arised: now it cannot find
> QtGui/QAction. I tried even with installing Qt5 from their website, as a
> fresh start, and I entered this line to Scribus.pro:
>
> QT += gui widgets core
>
> But it didn't help. I got the following error message:
>
> [ 79%] Building CXX object
> scribus/plugins/export/pixmapexport/CMakeFiles/scribusexportpixmap.dir/dialog.cpp.o
> In file included from
> /home/bz/szidur/scribus-ctl/scribus/ui/createrange.h:11:0,
>                 from
> /home/bz/szidur/scribus-ctl/scribus/plugins/export/pixmapexport/dialog.cpp:21:
> /home/bz/szidur/scribus-ctl/ui_createrange.h:13:25: fatal error:
> QtGui/QAction: No such file or directory
> compilation terminated.
> scribus/plugins/export/pixmapexport/CMakeFiles/scribusexportpixmap.dir/build.make:68:
> recipe for target
> 'scribus/plugins/export/pixmapexport/CMakeFiles/scribusexportpixmap.dir/dialog.cpp.o'
> failed
> make[2]: ***
> [scribus/plugins/export/pixmapexport/CMakeFiles/scribusexportpixmap.dir/dialog.cpp.o]
> Error 1
> CMakeFiles/Makefile2:856: recipe for target
> 'scribus/plugins/export/pixmapexport/CMakeFiles/scribusexportpixmap.dir/all'
> failed
> make[1]: ***
> [scribus/plugins/export/pixmapexport/CMakeFiles/scribusexportpixmap.dir/all]
> Error 2
> Makefile:136: recipe for target 'all' failed
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> By the way, it's interesting, because on Qt documentation I see that
> QAction is present in Qt4 only, and (based on the Scribus README file) it
> supposed to use Qt5.
>
> Thank you,
> Binyomin

There’s something wrong with the way your Qt location has been specified or detected. These errors should not be occurring. You can ignore Scribus.pro, we use CMake, not qmake.

If your Qt is manually installed or your system has two Qts installed, try using a CMake command line option like -DQT_PREFIX=“/path/to/Qt/5.7/clang_64” etc. You’ll need to provide more system details for further troubleshooting, but don’t go chasing code to fix this without ensuring your system and Qt is being detected properly.

Craig