[scribus] createParagraphStyle function

Victor / tokiop tor at tokiop.com
Fri Oct 21 08:55:52 UTC 2016

Hi Mischa, A.l.e and all,

On 19/10/2016 04:19, Mischa Beitz wrote:
> I'm not a company, just a guy that's interested. But I'll have a look at
> the PyQt5 issue in any case, perhaps I - or someone I know - can put in
> some time on it.

It would be awesome if you manage to get this issue solved !

I also have much interest in additional scripting powers inside
Scribus, it is IMO one of it's very interesting aspects, and
since direct .sla editing is unsafe and limited, the scripting
API is our best resource.

Is the legacy Scripter still beeing worked-on, or frozen ?
Would it make sense to try to extend it to meet user needs ?

I started looking into how to compile Scribus and extend the old
API, it seems doable but still some work, and scripting is best
when scripts can be shared !

Would it technically sound to keep the old/current API as a
proxy, using the future API/functions under the hood, for
compatibility of legacy scripts ?

By the way : a big thank you Scribus team and community for your
awesome work ! :)

Have a nice day,

Victor