[scribus] Bad text came back from the printer, but why?

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Fri Oct 14 05:51:56 UTC 2016

> If you - or your program - can’t competently produce a press-ready
> document, it’s not the printer’s fault - it’s yours, and you can’t expect
> the printer to fix your errors or unravel the mistakes caused by your
> incompetence.

How can you be so sure the document was not press-ready?

We don't know anything about the printer used, it may be outdated and maybe
not capable of handling Unicode.

Scribus PDF:s are usualyl very good at being PDF compliant, however older
RIP software is well known to not handle all PDF features.

You can't expect anyone to fix the errors if they do not know what the
errors are.

/Peter