[scribus] Bad text came back from the printer, but why?

FRANK POVAH frank at littlewallaby.com
Thu Oct 13 21:16:46 UTC 2016

It was an observation. Unless you are competent at what you do, you shouldn’t be taking on work that is beyond your skill level. Publishing is all about deadlines and technical competence. I hope the people here who are trying to come to grips with the art of composing are also studying the practical aspects of the mechanical side of the printing process.

Printers pass extra costs onto their clients - they have to - and so we must present work that is press-ready. Until we can do that we should not be taking on work that is beyond our skill level.

Frank