[scribus] POCOOR syntax

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri Nov 4 13:59:11 UTC 2016

On 11/04/2016 06:25 AM, Mikoláš Štrajt wrote:
> Hi,
> I am thinking about using Scribus for map authoring.
>

> I am developer of lunarender[1] program, which translates OpenStreetMap OSM files to SVG. I would like to do the same with Scribus format, so I am digging trough the description on wiki[2] and file reader source code[3].
>

> It's readable but i cannot figure how to use POCOOR syntax. Is it described somewhere?
>

>From just looking at files, one thing to consider is that this has
changed from 1.4.x to 1.5.x. Basically what POCOOR is doing is
describing the path for an object, so in 1.4.x we might have this for a
text frame (units in points):

POCOOR="0 0 0 0 256 0 256 0 256 0 256 0 256 72 256 72 256 72 256 72 0 72
0 72 0 72 0 72 0 0 0 0 "

Starting from the left-upper corner, we go to the X position at 256
points, 0 points in the Y, then stay at 256 points X position, move to
72 points Y position, after that completing the frame back to 0,0. What
I don't understand are the duplications of the numbers, which to me
looks like some eclectic invented thing unique to Scribus.

In 1.5.x we now have a more sensible plan as in SVG, so POCOOR has
become path:

path="M0 0 L256 0 L256 72 L0 72 L0 0 Z"

This would be a valid SVG description for this rectangular object, M
being the starting point, L denotes a (straight) line, and Z the end of
the path.

I would recommend therefore that you go with the 1.5.x syntax and forget
about POCOOR.

Greg