[scribus] Indents and tabbing (Was: scribus Digest, Vol 98, Issue 2)

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed May 4 07:11:06 UTC 2016

buondì,

>>> In which zone of the interface?
>>> I?ve seen indenting fields near the tabs definition ruler, in style editor window, but not in properties tabs.
>>>

>> you can use the ruler on top of the document window to apply indents and
>> tab to a specific text... :-)
> Yes it is a very quick optical way, for now I will use it.
> But can’t I insert a precise amount (i.e 10.25mm) in a specific field like those in style parameters?

in the properties palette, text tab, column & text distances there is a
"tabulators tab"...
yes, hidden in a crazy way, but here you can set your tabs and indents
in a precise way!

all in all, i would always create a style when you need indents (it's
also about having an harmonious formatting) but you can also do them
manually

voilà, it's almost magic :-)

ciao
a.l.e

p.s.: for the future, try to only quote the relevant part of the email
you're replying to it makes reading the thread... and if you reply to a
digest, set the subject to the original title :-)
that makes life easier for the guys who want to learn from the other
posts... and for the ones like me who give answers...