[scribus] Beware 1.5.2 trunk

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Mar 24 22:31:06 UTC 2016

On 03/24/2016 06:03 PM, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 03:06:11PM -0400, Gregory Pittman wrote:

>>> Another thing that could be done prior to updating svn is to rename the
>>> prior folder where 1.5.2svn was, so then you can have a pre-CTL svn and
>>> a post-CTL svn at the same time.
>>>

>> but maybe not. I tried this and it's crashing. Not quite this simple.
>
> Care to elaborate, a crash is definitely not something expected.

Didn't mean to scare anybody. It turns out that you can't just take an
installation of Scribus and change the name of its root directory. My
guess is that there are internal references to the original directory
that are now messed up. This probably also means that if I recreate the
original directory with the newer svn version, I'm not going to be
certain what I'm getting when I run the old one from the name-altered
directory, since it may be grabbing parts from each.

The ideal situation, I think, is to change where any new version goes
from cmake and leave the old alone.

Greg