[scribus] Bullets and numbering

Ken Springer snowshed1 at q.com
Mon Mar 21 13:18:45 UTC 2016

On 3/21/16 3:16 AM, Craig Bradney wrote:

>> On 21 Mar 2016, at 09:07, ale rimoldi <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> wrote:
>>
>> hey

>>> After 2-3 hours of trying to figure this out, I'm throwing in the towel.   LOL  Going to give1.5.1 a try.
>>>
>>> FWIW, I found the suggested video to be basically not worth my time.  YMMV
>>
>> fwiw: if you had a hard time figuring out how to get the manual bullets/numbering to work, and you are not keen to be patient in front of unfinished products, i would not recommend you to download a development version of scribus (until you're proficient with the stable one)
>>
>> in 1.5.1 bullets and numbering are feature that are still being tested and at my knowledge they have not been extensively been used in production.
>>
>> of course, i've been working with 1.5.x for years ... but there were not only tears of joy...
>>

> And bullets and numbering were externally developed and due to issues we almost removed them. We've got concrete plans for 1.5.2 and 1.5.3, at some point we will have to fix bullets and numbering properly.

If I may make a suggestion...

Fix the bullets and numbering before you add new features.  And anything
else you know to be broken.

One of the biggest irritants for me with FOSS software is new features
are added before existing ones work correctly.  Kind of like adding a
turbocharger to the engine of a car when you can't keep air in the
tires.  LOL

IMO, making a small program work right is better than a large program
with problems.

The aforementioned is why I no longer use or recommend Libre Office.
Things I wanted to use were broken, but the developers would add
something new.  I wasn't the only one expressing this view either.  :-)

When asked about MS Office alternatives, I'll mention LO, but I also
tell them why I gave up.

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.8.5