[scribus] Bullets and numbering

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Mar 21 00:41:23 UTC 2016

On 03/20/2016 07:59 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
> On 3/1/16 10:50 AM, Ken Springer wrote:
>> Scribus 1.4.6
>>
>> Can it do bullets and numbering?  Searching Help doesn't seem to come up
>> with anything.
>
> After 2-3 hours of trying to figure this out, I'm throwing in the towel.
>   LOL  Going to give1.5.1 a try.
>
> FWIW, I found the suggested video to be basically not worth my time.  YMMV

Something I just discovered, and as far as I know it's not documented,
is that 1.5.2svn and I presume 1.5.1 also have a sub-tab of the Text tab
of Properties called Paragraph Effects. Inside this, you can choose to
create bulleted and numbered lists.

After playing with it a bit, it seems to have some limitations, such as
you can't have bulleted and numbered lists in the same frame (I think),
but you can switch your bullet character to some other character without
changing the bullets you've already created.

It's worth trying out to see if it works for your needs.

Greg