[scribus] editing lines by setting end points

Istvan Gabor suseuser04 at freemail.hu
Fri Jun 24 19:37:23 UTC 2016

Hello:

I would like to add lines to lines in scribus. I want to set the start position of a new line at end of the previous line. For this I've set the base point of the lines to end points. It seems that scribus is not accurate when it calculates the line end points. For example if I insert a line and set X1=50 pt, Y1=50pt, X2=50pt, and Y2=150 pt, scribus sets X2 to 51 pt. Furthermore scribus rejects the values I write. For example I have a line with values:
X1=250 pt, Y1=50 pt,  X2=252 pt, and Y2=1 pt. If I write X2=300 and press enter scriobus changes it back to 252 pt. I can't set up the lines by defining start and end points because scribus either overwrites the values I enter or disregards them. Is this a bug or is it something I do wrong?

This occurs in scribus 1.4.4 (openSUSE 13.2/KDE4).

Thanks in advance,

Istvan