[scribus] Quark .qxd import

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Jun 10 08:33:40 UTC 2016

ciao marco,

> I'm currently using 1.4.6 and I just installed the 1.5.2 on a test VM
> (both running on OpenSuSE 13.2). In this new version I have seen the
> import capabilities have been extended, so as pointed out in a
> previous mail, an import is probably possible if I will be able to
> export the qxd document as an xtg.
>
> Unfortunately I do not own a Mac nor Quark, I have received from a
> friend a Quark document to be modified and I'm looking for a cheap
> solution.... This means I will probably have to find someone owning
> Quark for the conversion. (or download the 3 day test version of Quark
> for Windows and install it in a Windows VM....)

if you can ask your friend for the xtg files this could be helpful.

than you can go for a multilayer approach:

- you can use pdfimages to get the images out of the pdf
- you can the pdf with inkscape to extract the vector drawings and save
  them as svg (or you can use scribus for it too)
- you can load the pdf pages into scribus and set them as a background
  for redoing the whole layout
- you can load the xtg files into the text files to get the text.
  (otherwise pdftotext, libreoffice or a simple copy paste will let you
  scrap the text from the pdf)

ciao && good luck!
a.l.e