[scribus] Software compatibility

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Tue Jan 19 12:51:50 UTC 2016

Good question,

I am using Windows 10 pro, 64bit for several months and am using Scribus
(both Scribus 1.4.5 and 1.5.0) for hours each week and have not observed
any typical Windows-10-issues.

Certain other programs (like Corel X6) struggle with Windows 10, and for
example all the menu-items are invisible (white on white). But since
Windows 10 is so mainstream, I found program updates for most of my
troubles (you did not ask this, but like I said, good question).

If you do not have older documents, I recommend getting version 1.5.0 as
it is stable (for me so far) and has some nice extra features versus 1.4.5.

When I had to open some older documents from 1.4.n in Scribus 1.5.0
there was some re-formatting needed, mainly in the area of
text-layout-details. (Example? I had some uncomplicated layer-stuff with
text on top of a bitmap which would just not export correctly in 1.4.n
(no error messages, just wrongly rendered) but was no issue in 1.5.0)

If you are a new Scribus user, I would definitely recommend 1.5.0,
unless this group will shout something better.

hth,

Martin

--
ZASKE Martin