[scribus] Improvements in 1.5.1

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Mon Jan 4 14:01:14 UTC 2016

Le 07/10/2015 08:45, "Christoph Schäfer" a écrit :
>> Does this wording clear things up:
>> -Change Program Preferences
>> -Change Default Document Settings
>> -Change Current Document Settings
>
> Those strings are much too long.

"Change" is useless since all action is change.
Without "change", it's shorter :

- Program Preferences
- Default Document Settings
- Current Document Settings

and so much more clear then what we have.

> I also think that we don't need three separate entries.
> The two we have are completely reasonable as they are,
> but it might make sense to move the Preferences to another menu.
 > I very much doubt that Craig will rewrite the DocSetup/Prefs dialogues
 > without convincing data that the current model impedes the use of Scribus.

How about regular testimonies of users ?
Some people who never write on these list, on irc, on the bug tracker
or on the forum speak up on this subject.

It's strange how 10yearslongorso scribus users
refuse to see how difficult it is for newcomers
to understand these options and use them.

JL