[scribus] [scribus-dev] Scribus 1.5.1 released

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Feb 15 00:24:33 UTC 2016

On 02/14/2016 04:37 PM, BuSte wrote:
> Il 14/02/2016 20:37, Gregory Pittman ha scritto:
>> In 1.4 normally I'm used to use Scribus with one video, and at the
>> maximum of the video resolution and open some windows other than
>> the Properties, like "Layers", "Align and Distribute", and so on,
>> and put this windows out of my scribus space. [1]
>>
>> In the 1.5 (.AppImage) I can't move whindows out of my Scribus space.[2]
>>
>> Is this configurable?
>> is it a "bug"?
>>
>> Here is what I would suggest: use keyboard shortcuts. Layers already has
>> one (F6), but you can set shortcuts for the others in Preferences >
>> Keyboard Shortcuts.
>
> hi Greg,
> thanks for your reply, I know that there are shortcuts for open this
> type of windows, but the problem is not "how to" open this windows,
> but rather the fact that the windows do not move out of the main
> Scribus windows.
>
> I done some test and in Scribus 1.4.0 if the main window is maximized
> the other windows (Layers, Align and Distribute, and so on) can be
> moved out of the main Scribus window, as is show in the first image.
>
> In Scribus 1.5.1 (.AppImage) if the main window is maximized other
> windows do not move out of the main Scribus window.
>
> If the main Scribus window is NOT maximized then other windows can
> move out of the main Scribus window.

What I was suggesting is that you can use the keyboard to go back and
forth between seeing the Layers or Align and Distribute windows, and not
seeing them (closing them in effect) and they appear where you last put
them. You might also benefit from resizing your page and the scratch space.

I'm not sure why the window behavior changed.

Greg