[scribus] [scribus-dev] Scribus 1.5.1 released

probono probono at puredarwin.org
Sun Feb 14 11:00:21 UTC 2016

> The Scribus Team is very pleased to announce the release of the development version Scribus 1.5.1
>
> Linux AppImage                                  scribus-1.5.1-linux-x86_64.AppImage     0a4fb4f3336456dc708d47e25dff2c17ed62b9b1372d09dcdda129ffdb8680bb        c8ada38414e8e1c0b91f1439cf0282df48ab8da8

Thanks to the Scribus team for releasing an upstream-packaged AppImage.

It is exciting to see that leading cross-platform application projects
like Scribus, Krita, and Subsurface are adopting AppImage as an easy
way to reach users on all major Linux desktop distributions with
bleeding-edge releases.

In case you wonder what an AppImage is: It lets Linux users just
download Scribus, make it executable, and run. No need to install. No
system libraries or system preferences are altered. Your previous
version of Scribus can stay installed unaltered.

That being said, I would be interested in testers' and users' feedback
regarding the Scribus AppImage. What does work, what does not work for
you, how could it be improved?