[scribus] Courtesy on the mail list; was Re: Which Version to Use?

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Sun Dec 4 10:45:56 UTC 2016

Le 02/12/2016 à 20:18, Joe Zeff a écrit :
> On 12/02/2016 08:10 AM, JLuc wrote:
>>
>> Sure. It's good to remind that.
>> And sexism isnt part of courtesy.
>> JLuc
>
> I don't know what your agenda is,  JLuc, but it doesn't belong on this list.  Keep your personal opinions to yourself
> like everybody else does.

That might be your personal opinion but it isnt that of many people.

« The most visible change in the last few years is that the FOSS community
criticizes public displays of sexism almost as soon as they occur. »
(http://www.datamation.com/open-source/state-of-sexism-in-foss-1.html)

Many FOSS communities have taken action actions sexism.
See for example the charta : http://fosscon.org/conduct_code_2015

But it's not uncommon that such topic raise harsch reactions
«  the real flood of emotion comes from the anti-feminists
and the average men who would like to deny the importance of feminist issues in FOSS.
Raise the subject of sexism, and you are met with illogic
that I can only compare to that of the tobacco companies
trying to deny the link between their products and cancer. »
http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/Blogs/Off-the-Beat-Bruce-Byfield-s-Blog/Writing-about-FOSS-sexism

JLuc