[scribus] Inserting a single page into facing pages without messing up the doc

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Aug 17 22:04:27 UTC 2016

On 08/17/2016 04:44 PM, Michelle Allegretti wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I guess my question wasn't clear. I have layers and they work well and I
> do print only the layers I want.
>
> The problem is inserting a single page. That throws off the right and
> left pages. I was wondering if there is an easy way to insert pages
> which causes everything following the inserted page to shift right or
> left as needed.

See if this script might help:
https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Un-Flip_all_Selected_Items

The idea would be that if you have to insert a page, for each page
afterward, you need to horizontally flip all the content. You then run
this script on the page according to its instructions, so that the
content of each frame is unflipped. Note that you have to select all the
frames to flip horizontally, and keep them selected as you run the script.

It might be a bit more complicated if you're using Master Pages, where
you would leave out Master Page content when flipping, then reassign the
Master Pages as needed.

Greg