[scribus] Spell checker

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Wed Apr 27 12:53:23 UTC 2016

Dear David,

a good spell checker has been part of Scribus for a long time:

For Scribus 1.4.6 on Windows 10 go here first:

menu > file > preferences > Hyphenation and Spelling > spelling-tab

If you found the tab, just download what you need or check that your
language is already downloaded

Now in your Scribus document, you need to align the style-language(s)
for that text with the actual language of the text, otherwise you will
have to set the spell checker for each word. Go

menu > edit > Styles...

and then (if your text is using default style, as an example) go:

Default Paragraph Style > Edit > Character Style tab > set the language
to whatever your text is (for example Russian)

If you know about styles, you can also clone a style and have one style
for each language that you work with.

Next, in your document, select the text which you want to check and go:

menu > item > Check spelling...

And voilà, you have a nice spell-checking window with the usual suspects
like "ignore" and "change".

Enjoy.

Martin

--