[scribus] White versus transparent pixels question

Vladimir Savic vladimir.firefly.savic at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 12:18:27 UTC 2016

You are on the right track, but not quite there. Your paper color is the
whitest white you can get without using real white color. If you change
white to be a bit darker, you are essentially just adding more pigment on
background. Even if you choose to print on a black paper, you will again
just add more pigment on that black, thus making it more darker.

To get an idea on how it COULD work for you, take any png image and import
it into Scribus' image frame. Define two custom spot colors: ExampleColor1
and ExampleColor2 with arbitrary color values. Important is to just mark
those two as spot colors. Go back to editing object on canvas. Find out how
to add Image Effects. From there, choose Duotone effect and set it to use
your custom defined colors.

Hope this will bring you closer to what you want.