[scribus] How to ungroup table in Scribus 1.5.1

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Sat Apr 23 04:40:18 UTC 2016

On Fri, 22 Apr 2016 09:41:39 +0200
ale rimoldi <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> wrote:

> hey
>
> please, don't ungroup tables in any modern
> version of scribus.
>
> there are tutorials for very old versions of
> scribus telling to do so, but that's not useful
> in 1.4 and impossible in 1.5.
>
> in all versions, alt-click a cell to select it
> and alt-double-click it to edit it.
>
> and, if possible, avoid doing tables inside of
> scribus. the tool is not ready for prime time
> yet! (importing them as images or as vectors
> from libreoffice is generally speaking a better
> idea; using tabulators is enough for most
> cases; avoiding tabular outputs in printed
> layouts is also a very good idea).
>
> sorry for the negative email... it's friday...
> a.l.e
>
> ___

Yes it is. But I have to get an invoice out and
Scribus is the best tool IMO to do it. I used it
for the complex format my customer requires.

My former process was a pdftex format with a
table built using a very ancient version of TeX
called TexSys But all that went away with my
recent system crash. I had backed up that info
but that bzip2 file won't work. And I violated my
own rule to replace the oldest hard disk
every three years, demote the remaining hard disk
to backup mode, and use the newest as primary.

The current version of the 1.5.1 table program is
usable but not wonderful. But I managed to tame
the beast with my usual tools: brute force,
awkwardness, and cut and try.

Thanks to Greg and Ale for their assistance. My
invoice for my customer will be mailed presently,
warts and all.

John Culleton