[scribus] exporting project through e mail

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Tue Apr 5 16:28:03 UTC 2016

Dear David,

yes, you can send a Scribus document by e-mail - if you do it right.

Please look at the online help under "Collect for Output", you will find
the feature in your menu > File > Collect for Output...

This will generate a FOLDER (you might want to create and name an empty
folder for that) and will include all the options you have ticked in the
opening window as well as the Scribus file and any illustrations etc.

My e-mail clients cannot easily attach an entire folder, so in my work
we have a tradition of zipping. So I pack the entire folder into a
zip-file. I hope you do not feel like leapfrogging from a Scribus
question to a zipping question. Just ask if you need help on that. Or
other users will share how they are mailing folders.

Another issue is that many mail systems do no longer allow
zip-file-attachments for security reasons. We normally just inform each
other and rename the file for transport. For example

myScribusProject.zip --> myScribusProject.epub

Your recipient can then simply rename the file to .zip and unpack it and
then the complete Scribus document should be available.

hth

Martin

--
ZASKE Martin