[scribus] saving as EPS automatically

hw hw at gc-24.de
Mon Apr 4 09:44:40 UTC 2016

Juraj Fedel schrieb:
> On Fri, Apr 01, 2016 at 12:41:53PM +0200, hw wrote:
>> I've been trying the script below with the 1.5.1 appimage,
>> and it crashes when trying to save as EPS.
> Thanks for report. That is bug in scribus.
> I have provided patch in bug number #13900
> With applied patch your script should work fine.

Thank you very much!  I'll try it out.

>> BTW, is it possible to run Scribus to do the conversion to EPS
>> (or PDF) on the server without Scribus failing because there's no
>> X session?  Can it be compiled as some sort of conversion filter
>> without GUI support?
>
> Unfortunately this is not possible without X server running.
> You can however run vnc server for scribus.

Not even with the '-g -nns' options?  It would be really nice if
a GUI weren't required when it isn't used at all ...  Is there any
way to do just a conversion of the *.sla file to eps without a GUI?

Or could cups simply print *.sla files transparently like it can print,
for example, pdf and eps?  That would be all that's needed for
printing the labels.  If there was a filter cups could use to convert
*.sla into eps ...