[scribus] total ink density problem

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Sep 24 13:50:17 UTC 2015

hi

> The problem is, 'professional tools' such as pitstop pro and others
> are not free neither available on Linux :/
> It's a pity we have a high-end tools such as Scribus, color
> management, krita, ... but the full chain is not yet covered.

fully agree with you.
it's a bit of a pity... but, who knows, somebody might work on such
tools one day...

i would like to add another aspects of the problem: scribus has bugs and
bad implementations in places where one is not used to see them (well,
not in good quality software).

on the other hand, it has some rather good and solid implementations of
feature that one would not expect to see done right. most of all when
using software that has the type of annoyannces mentioned above.
pdf export and cms are IMO two of them.

this might lead some people to check the scribus output multiple times
(mostly with non professional tools) and give too much weight to the
result from that software, software that has proven to be very solid for
them but fails at the small advanced and very specific details that
matter here.
(i mean, imagemagik is a good software that shines in every task i throw
at it! it must be right, when it reports to me the total ink density...
and indeeds it does its calculations right, if there was not a small
detail that makes the result wrong in this very context!)

there have been a few very welcome detail changes to 1.5svn that will
make the user more confident in the output created by the software. and
i hope that we will see more of them!

have a nice day
a.l.e