[scribus] Database

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Sep 22 11:49:41 UTC 2015

hey

>> > Or you could edit the new sla file and search-replace the image
>> path there.
>>
>> The picture browser can fix links for you.
>
> yes it can, but only one image at a time... or did i miss a new feature?
i've made a test and none of the "picture browser" or "manage images"
seems to be able to mass fix broken links.

now, here is my implementation as a python script (to be run inside of
scribus):

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/aoloe/scribus-script-repository/master/images-missing-relink/images-missing-relink.py

"""
USAGE

You must have a document open.
This script checks if the document contains image frames with a broken link.
If any is found, it will ask if you want to look for the correct image and then
prompt for the new location of the first image.
It will then check all other image frames with a broken link and look for an image
of the same name in the new location. It the image is there, the link will be
replaced.

You would be wise to work on a copy of the original to avoid accidentally include
the wrong images.
"""

please test it and give feedback (or make pull requests :-)

if it's confirmed that scribus cannot mass relink images, i would propose that a
similar approach is included in "manage images"
(i had a look at the picture browser and it looked like a terrible monster that tries
to be everything and, at the end, seems to be of little use... can somebody explain me
what he/she is using it for?)

happy hacking
a.l.e