[scribus] Patch submitted for Command Line Arguments to be passed to python script

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sun Sep 13 20:44:37 UTC 2015

On 09/13/2015 01:13 PM, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> If we imagine trying to automate a process where we want to pass a
> number of variables and their values, this becomes a great deal of very
> particular syntax on the commandline, and then a lot of parsing in the
> .py file thereafter.

This has always been true, going back to the Bad Old Days of punched
cards.  For some systems, the arguments on the cards were
comma-delimited, so that you might end up with something like this:

command file1,file2,$FOO,,,$BAR,$BAZ

so that the program would know which value went to which argument.
(There might have been more possible arguments, but this form implied
that the extras weren't needed this time.)  The lack of whitespace
between the arguments was not, in most cases, optional.