[scribus] How to quickly highlight text/image objects on a certain part of a page

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Wed Sep 9 19:15:55 UTC 2015

Le 09/09/2015 15:29, Gregory Pittman a écrit :
> I think with this flexibility, it seems that having any additional
> scheme like "greedy" selection is a bit superfluous.

The way it is now becomes tedious when there are lots of shapes
close to eachother , or that overlap, or with concave shapes.

Beside, there is a way in scribus to cycle through z-index when selecting an item
and there is a way to add an item to the current selection,
but there is no way to cycle through z-index when selecting an item
that you want to add to the current selection.

I'm not sure that a greedy selection tool would fit
all situations that are currently not served well by scribus,
but it might help.

BTW, the default selection tool for Inkscape
is a non greedy rectangle triggered with drag'n'release.
With the ALT+SHIFT keyboard modifier it becomes
a greedy 'lasso' !
(The 'lasso' behaviour is used in scribus shape edit tool
to select points and later move them).
The behaviour is non-greedy rectangle or greedy lasso
is definitively triggered when the mouse button is released.
When the ALT+SHIFT greedy modifier is pressed,
the lasso is drawn red on screen.
When it isnt, the red lasso disappear and the black rectangle is drawn.
This makes the behaviour more predictable and easyer to control.

JLuc