[scribus] How to quickly highlight text/image objects on a certain part of a page

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Sep 9 13:29:25 UTC 2015

On 09/08/2015 10:46 AM, a.l.e wrote:
> hi greg
>
>> The second is when you use the alternative method, holding down Shift
>> and sequentially clicking. As you continue to click objects, you can
>> lose track of which ones you have clicked. What you see is an expanding
>> selection rectangle. It might help to have some visual indicator of
>> which objects are part of the selection.
>>
> in my 1.4.x there is a fine blueish line around the selected items...
>
> not very visible but it seems to be there... i guess that we should have
> something that is more visible...
>
> but not too much visible either! :-)

Yes, you're right!
Furthermore, on rechecking, I find more functionality than I realized
was there.
It's all about holding down Shift:

Whether you start by clicking a frame or using the click-drag selection
method, if you then hold down Shift, you can click, click, click to add
or remove objects from your selection. What's more, you can add or
remove objects in groups by click-dragging around them, to customize
your selections.

I think with this flexibility, it seems that having any additional
scheme like "greedy" selection is a bit superfluous.

Greg