[scribus] Ink coverage control : over 330%

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Sep 2 06:45:35 UTC 2015

hey

> Ink coverage and transparency aren't necessarily the same thing, and I
> think your problem is transparency. Since you absolutely need to work
> with bitmap alpha channels, I suggest you export to PDF 1.4. If your
> printing company insists on a particular PDF/X version, they can
> convert the file(s) themselves using Acrobat. Alternatively you can
> load the file into Scribus 1.5.0, which is still experimental but
> enables export to PDF/X-4, and the latter supports transparency.
let's reframe the problem (if i understood it correctly; if not, just
ignore my email :-).

eric needs to limit the ink coverage in his document.

he has been suggested to use a specific color profile that would enforce
the limit and, in the same mail, has been suggested to target a pdf
version that does not support transparencies.

i guess that what he should retain is that a color profile might help
him limit the ink coverage (no idea if it is true, i'm no wizzard in the
topic) and forget the whole thing about transparencies that was not what
he was asking for.

anybody can help him further in the topic mentioned in the subject of
the email?

ciao
a.l.e