[scribus] Splitting a large document into several smaller documents?

doubtorfear at ruggedinbox.com doubtorfear at ruggedinbox.com
Wed Sep 2 04:29:08 UTC 2015

I run Scribus 1.4.2 on a computer with 8 GB of RAM. However, it is
extremely laggy. It wasn't always this way. The document got slower and
slower as it got bigger. Right now, the document is around 300 pages
long, and it takes 5-10 seconds to change just ONE character in the
document.

It seems clear to me that the lag I experience is a direct result of the
length of the document. Because the document consists of one very long
linked text frame, it has been suggested that those linked frames are
the cause of the problem and that I may be able to fix it by splitting
the document up into smaller chunks.

The problem is that I've already invested a lot of time into this
project. Is there a way I can split the document up easily without
typesetting everything from scratch? One suggestion was to make multiple
copies of the document and delete all unwanted pages from each copy to
form the desired chunks. However, I found that deleting pages doesn't
affect the text of the document. When I delete a page, the text frame on
that page remains and simply gets placed on the page that gets moved
down to take the place of the deleted plage.

Please help!