[scribus] ImageMagick and 1.5.1 compile

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Mon Oct 26 19:50:30 UTC 2015

> On 26 Oct 2015, at 19:55, John Culleton <John at wexfordpress.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 26 Oct 2015 07:10:16 +0100
> Peter Nermander <peter at nermander.se> wrote:
>
>> When I compile 1.5.1 using jLucs script it seems
>>> to not find ImageaMagick. The programs that
>>> make up ImageMagick (convert etc.) are
>>> resident in /usr/bin. I use Slackware Linux
>>> 14.1
>>>

> I added GraphicsMagick to my system and the
> error message went away. But I write for
> customers who may use a precompiled version of
> Scribus downloaded from the web site, mainly
> Scribus 1.4.5. How do they go about adding
> GraphicsMagick capability to Scribus?

John you just answered this yourself… they install GraphicsMagick.

Some items are required at build time, and that is dependent on the way their system builds Scribus or they build Scribus. Simple. If their default installation from their distort doesn’t include an option for items at build time then they need to submit a bug to their distort.

Craig