[scribus] Old version and Ghostscript

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Mon Oct 26 16:42:48 UTC 2015

On Mon, 26 Oct 2015 16:34:27 +0100
Håkan Löfgren <hakan.lofgren at privat.utfors.se>
wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Due to motherboard crash I had to download ver.
> 1.3.3.14 to the new computer (I worked with a
> document in this version before the crash). I
> downloaded Ghostscript, but Scribus says that
> Ghostscript is not available. Why? Is it
> because Ghostscript is in a new version? How do
> I solve this?
>
> Regards
> Håkan Löfgren

> ___
You don't need to use an obsolete version of
Scribus. Later versions will automatically
convert an old .sla file to the version being
used. The "official" released version is 1.4.5
but 1.5.0 works fine and has major improvements.

I suggest that you install one of those
versions. Chances are your Ghostscript problem
will go away.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press