[scribus] ImageMagick and 1.5.1 compile

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Oct 26 00:01:41 UTC 2015

On 10/25/2015 06:05 PM, William Bader wrote:
> I think that it is better to use GraphicsMagick than ImageMagick.
> cmake looks for GraphicsMagick in the locations specified by cmake/modules/FindGMAGICK.cmake
> Regards, William
>> Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 17:31:20 -0400
>> From: John at wexfordpress.com
>> To: scribus at lists.scribus.info
>> Subject: [scribus] ImageMagick and 1.5.1 compile
>>
>> When I compile 1.5.1 using jLucs script it seems
>> to not find ImageaMagick. The programs that make
>> up ImageMagick (convert etc.) are resident
>> in /usr/bin. I use Slackware Linux 14.1
>>
>> What do I need to do to get the compile to find
>> ImageMagick?

>From the wiki:

You do not need GraphicsMagick to run cmake or compile 1.5.0svn, but
some added import filters will be available if you have it (and cmake
will detect it automatically). What Scribus needs are the following
packages: graphicsmagick, graphicsmagick-devel, graphicsmagick-c++, and
graphicsmagick-c++-devel.

The precise names for the development packages differ a bit from one
distribution to another.

Greg