[scribus] Calendar production (was ... Re: please help.)

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Oct 20 13:45:04 UTC 2015

On 10/20/2015 05:44 AM, ale rimoldi wrote:
> hi
>
>>> Still unable to get grid boxes in calendar to print.  Get everything
>>> else--month, days of month and space for an image set at the top, but
>>> no grid boxes to go around the individual days.  Has anyone found a
>>> way to include those boxes?
>>

> i think that you simply have not defined any border around the text frames.
> enable and disable the "preview mode" in the "view" menu to see if you
> have real border around them.
> (if they disappear when you enable the preview, what are you are seeing
> are only the placeholders and won't be printed!)
>
> in "window > properties" you have a "border" tab where you can do so.
>
> but i have not tested the calendar for a long time and i don't know if
> it is supposed to put lines around the boxes...

The CalendarWizard script does not set a Stroke/Line color for the frames.

I found that I could edit the script by adding this line:

setLineColor("Black", cel)

after line 440. Make sure it lines up vertically with

cel = createText(self.marginl ...

which is line 438.

This will fix the grid boxes for the days of the month. It looks like
there may need to be some tweaking of the position of the names of the
days of the week, since they end up being right-justified to the grid
boxes for the days.

I'll see if I can figure out about adding an option for making these
selectable.

Greg