[scribus] Calendar production (was ... Re: please help.)

Chris Bannister cbannister at slingshot.co.nz
Tue Oct 20 09:39:20 UTC 2015

[Please don't top post on this mailing list.]

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 11:38:04PM -0500, Michael Coughlin wrote:
> Dear List:
>
> Still unable to get grid boxes in calendar to print.  Get everything
> else--month, days of month and space for an image set at the top, but
> no grid boxes to go around the individual days.  Has anyone found a
> way to include those boxes?

A tip I found just recently for producing calendars:

install remind from:
https://www.roaringpenguin.com/products/remind

and then look at the man pages for the rem2ps script, esp the usage
section to see an example.

e.g.

remind -p12 /dev/null 1 jan 1994 | rem2ps > 1984.ps

That will create a blank calendar for the entire year of 1994, where the
result is put into a PostScript file called 1984.ps

oppressing." --- Malcolm X