[scribus] New Scribus UI proposal additions

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Oct 12 13:19:15 UTC 2015

On 10/11/2015 10:19 PM, Kunda Loves Scribus wrote:
> Heads up
> tim_occ has followed up his Scribus UI/UX proposal with some more wireframe
> examples:
> http://forums.scribus.net/index.php/topic,1617.msg8147.html#msg8147

This idea of bringing the tabs down the side is something we have
discussed quite a bit. The trick may be to figure out appropriate icons
for some tabs, like Color, etc.

One of the goals we need to have is to try to eliminate the need to
scroll inside an individual tab, so it is advisable I think to only have
the commonly used features inside Text, then make another tab for the rest.

Another operational UX feature would be to automatically show the Text
tab when you enter Edit Contents mode for a text frame, and similarly,
automatically show the Image tab for Edit Contents mode in an image frame.

Greg