[scribus] Improvements in 1.5.1

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Wed Oct 7 10:11:00 UTC 2015

> On 7 Oct 2015, at 08:45, Christoph Schäfer <christoph-schaefer at gmx.de> wrote:
>

>> Gesendet: Montag, 05. Oktober 2015 um 16:33 Uhr
>> Von: "Johannes Deutch" <zelbstzz at gmail.com>
>> Betreff: Re: [scribus] Improvements in 1.5.1
>>
>> On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 8:32 AM, JLuc <jluc at no-log.org> wrote
>>>

>>> Yes, the confusion only arises when a document is open and the user wants
>>> to change its settings.
>> Does this wording clear things up:
>>
>> -Change Program Preferences
>> -Change Default Document Settings
>> -Change Current Document Settings
>
> Those strings are much too long. I also think that we don't need three separate entries. The two we have are completely reasonable as they are, but it might make sense to move the Preferences to another menu. I very much doubt that Craig will rewrite the DocSetup/Prefs dialogues without convincing data that the current model impedes the use of Scribus.

That's right. I'm not rewriting it. There is no convincing data, just some loud talkers.

Maybe we can clarify some stuff but people also need to compare functionality to other apps.

Preferences or Options are standard terms for the same thing. On OSX, Preferences is in the standard location under the Scribus application menu. Some apps have File->Preferences and others have Tools->Options or Edit->Options.

We could consider a document menu but that is also what the file menu is for in all apps.

Document Setup is also clear enough.

Ale's last response covers it well.

Craig