[scribus] Improvements in 1.5.1

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Oct 7 08:44:43 UTC 2015

hey peter

On 07/10/15 09:32, Peter Nermander wrote:
>>> -Change Program Preferences
>>> -Change Default Document Settings
>>> -Change Current Document Settings
>> Those strings are much too long. I also think that we don't need three
>> separate entries. The two we have are completely reasonable as they are,
>> but it might make sense to move the Preferences to another menu. I very
>> much doubt that Craig will rewrite the DocSetup/Prefs dialogues without
>> convincing data that the current model impedes the use of Scribus.
>>

> So, how will users understand that they need to close the current document
> to change the default settings?

i don't know where you get that...

there is no need to close the document to change the scribus settings.
this is what the preferences menu entry is for.

"document settings" changes the settings for the current document.
"preferences" changes the default settings applied to the future documents.

for the few preferences that cannot changed while a document is open,
you get a big warning in the concerned preferences tab.

life is already complicated enough with what we have... no need to talk
about even worse cases that do not apply :-)

ciao
a.l.e