[scribus] Improvements in 1.5.1

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Sun Oct 4 01:27:07 UTC 2015

On Sat, 3 Oct 2015 16:11:29 -0400
John Culleton <John at wexfordpress.com> wrote:

> OK here is another one.
>
> I create a text frame.
> I click on the frame.
> I see a label called "Edit"
> But if I click on this I don't get to edit the
> text in the text frame.
> Instead I must click on a label that says
> Content. Then I can click on Edit text.
>
> When I click on a text frame 90% of the time
> I want to edit the text in that frame. So there
> should be a choice for "Edit text" as the first
> choice when I click on that frame.

Hi John,

Presume that is a left mouse click. Yes, you will see an edit label,
but that is to carry out some edit functions on the Text Frame object,
not the text.

If you want to edit text, use the left mouse button and double click.
That will allow you to directly edit the text.

Alternatively, just use Ctrl + T to get back to the story editor, or
click its icon.

Owen