[scribus] Trouble importing text

Mary Moore tennesseelady21 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 15:54:13 UTC 2015

Good Morning All,

I have been using Scribus for 5 years to format the books my husband has
written.

I still have one issue that I cannot resolve. On the original manuscript he
uses Italics on a word or phrase to denote a characters thoughts. I break
each chapter into a separate file. No matter how I import the
text....copy/past, import, etc I loose the italics. So I have had to go
back through the manuscript of anywhere from 60k to 80k words looking for
any *italicized* words so that I can go back into Scribus and correct. I am
always afraid I will miss something doing it this way.

I have been able to import it into Scribus with the italicized words in
place, but as soon as I apply my Style font it all disappears.

Any thoughts or ideas?  BTW I love Scribus.

Thanks and appreciate your help.
Mary Moore
www.thenorthpolepress.com