[scribus] Python API question: scaleImage behavior

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Nov 26 17:13:37 UTC 2015

On 11/26/2015 11:50 AM, JLuc wrote:
> Le 26/11/2015 16:59, Christian Mandel a écrit :
>
>> As Gregory Pittman points out in the aforementioned thread the
>> scaleImage() function is deprecated and setImageScale()
>> should be used instead, which shows the intended behaviour.
>
> When scaleImage is that much buged,
> shouldnt it rather be removed
> rather than deprecated !

The advantage is that when you leave some trace of the old command, you
make it easier for someone to debug a script that used to work, but now
doesn't. In fact, this is how I recognized Christian's likely error, and
didn't make the same one myself.

Greg

PS The scripter API documentation in 1.5.0 says:

scaleImage(...)
scaleImage(x, y [, "name"])
Do not use this command, since it no longer works. Use setImageScale
instead.

and setScaleImage() immediately follows.