[scribus] Fit photograph to frame

Christian Mandel c.mandel at gmx.net
Thu Nov 26 14:10:34 UTC 2015

Am 26.11.2015 um 13:43 schrieb Gregory Pittman:
> On 11/25/2015 10:27 AM, Christian Mandel wrote:
>
>> For me it would, (a) more functionality is almost always useful and (b)
>> more scripts mean more information to learn from :-)
>>
>> Nevertheless, did you check my simpler scripting suggestion (my answer
>> to your other post)? Is this possible?
>>

> I don't see any major advantage to your method; it's not more or less
> simple. I distort the frame, you would distort the scaling. But I will
> see if I can manage this.

I already try it and thereby try to learn a bit of python programming,
but I cannot get the scaleImage() function to do something useful. I
opened a new thread for this.

The benefit that I see is that rounding errors will not change your
frame but only the image. I fear that if it is done repeatedly there
errors could maybe sum up (in some very constructed, special, cases) if
the frame is changed repeatedly, the image, on the other hand, is always
set to defined starting conditions (frame completely filled) and
therefore you are rounding one time maximum. It is of course a rather
theoretical consideration with almost no practical impact, but that's
unfortunately the way I think about these things :-)

A more practical benefit is that you don't have to distinguish
horizontal and vertical cases.

Thanks and best regards

Chris