[scribus] Fit photograph to frame

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Nov 25 10:00:16 UTC 2015

hey

On 25/11/15 10:38, Christian Mandel wrote:
> Am 25.11.2015 um 10:04 schrieb ale rimoldi:
>> hey
>>
>>> I guess I will either stick with copying the values in the PP as you
>>> suggest and as I described in another post in detail or use the script
>>> that Greg offered, which more or less resembles your method.
>>
>> in my experience, joining the chain (for the free scale) does the right
>> thing, so you don't need to copy paste the values.
>>

> Unfortunately it does not, at least if the image has a higher y scale
> percentage when filling the frame (this is the test case I have),
> clicking the chain resets to the original scaling. But it is true,
> this would be an efficient enough workflow.

eh eh... as said: it does in my experience... which normally involves a
bigger x than y...
(i knew it while writing the lines above, but was too lazy to check for
it...)

currently, the chain always uses x as the reference value (now i have
checked in 1.5.0) and the question is: should rather use max(x,y) for both?

a trivial change, if everybody agrees that this could be useful and
nobody sees a problem with it!
if this is the case, please fill a ticket on http://bugs.scribus.net !

ciao
a.l.e

p.s.: that would be a wonderful task for somebody wanting to create her
first patch for scribus :-)