[scribus] Fit photograph to frame

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Nov 25 09:04:07 UTC 2015

hey

> I guess I will either stick with copying the values in the PP as you
> suggest and as I described in another post in detail or use the script
> that Greg offered, which more or less resembles your method.

in my experience, joining the chain (for the free scale) does the right
thing, so you don't need to copy paste the values.

if it is not correct in every case, i guess that the code could easily
be changed in a way that always (for this use case) does the right thing.
except if a different behavior is to be expected for other use cases...
no idea...

if the chain works then the workflow is:

- load image
- autofit
- non proportional
- free scale
- chain

if the frame is by default (from the configuration, by copy pasting, or
from the scrapbook) already defined as fitting non proportionally, this
seems to be an efficient enough workflow... the problem being that it is
a bit hard to discover...

question from my side: does chaining the free scale always do the right
thing?

ciao
a.l.e