[scribus] Grayscale palette

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Wed Nov 25 06:52:58 UTC 2015

Hi John,

> There must be a hundred palettes distributed with
> Scribus. My customer's printer of the moment
> doesn't want any spot colors or ICC profiles so I
> have turned off color management. Is there a
> palette that just gives shades of gray or should
> I just use a percentage of black? The printer doesn't
> like transparencies either. The printer has
> already bounced the interior pdf once for the
> presence of an ICC  profile.  Can I use a CMYK
> color like C0 M0 Y0 K30 without inserting an ICC?
> profile?

Um, looks like one who's doing it on the cheap and has no clue of what he's doing. Anyway, you can use CMYK colours without a colour profile. Just don't expect a satisfying result.

As for a greyscale palette, I added one some time ago. It's called "Shades of K" in the dialogue.

If you had bothered to consult the built-in documentation, you'd be aware of this ;)

HTH

Christoph