[scribus] Fit photograph to frame

J. F. Lemaire jflemaire at skynet.be
Tue Nov 24 10:53:10 UTC 2015

On 24 November 2015 at 10:52, Christian Mandel <c.mandel at gmx.net> wrote:
> Am 23.11.2015 um 18:44 schrieb Gregory Pittman:

>> You can change the setting in Preferences so that images are normally
>> loaded to be adjusted to frame size (this is under the Tools tab).
>
> But there is as well no option to fill the frame while keeping the aspect
> ratio. What did I misunderstand here?

Nothing, there is indeed no option to completely fill the frame of an
image. You either need to type the values in the Properties Palette or
do it the way I do it most of the time: set "to frame size" and
"proportional" in the PP, resize the frame along with the image to the
needed size, then switch to "free scaling" and resize the frame only.

Not ideal but it works. Hope this helps. Cheers,
JFL
--
Jean-François Lemaire