[scribus] white borders around inserts.

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Nov 11 20:43:49 UTC 2015

On 11/11/2015 02:47 PM, John Culleton wrote:

> So for this case, a rectangular graphic frame
> inserted in a text column, where do I find the
> instructions for setting a clearance of say .125
> inch on all four sizes of the image proper?

Ok, explicit instructions:

1. Select your image frame
2. Go to Shape tab, click the button for Text Flows - Use Contour Line
3. Still in Shape, click the Edit button.
4. In the dialog that pops up, check Edit Contour Line
5. Above Absolute Coordinates there are 3 spinboxes. The bottom one is
for increasing the contour line by a fixed amount.
6. Enter .125 in the spinbox, then click the button all the way to the
left of the spinbox to increase the size by .125 inch.
7. Click OK at the bottom of the dialog.

If it doesn't seem to work the first thing to check is that your image
frame is above the text frame that's supposed to be flowing text.

If you need to do this to any other frame, the 0.125 inch value should
still be there when you return. It looks like whatever value you enter
should stay there even if you close Scribus and come back again, so
whatever you've last used is the working default.
This will work for any kind of frame.

Greg