[scribus] for assistance

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Nov 10 14:31:45 UTC 2015

On 11/10/2015 08:54 AM, LORN MACINTYRE wrote:
> I requiire assistance with my Scribus programmes, based on the following questions:
> I set a work of fiction in Scribus 1.3.3., then exported it as a PDF.  I want to go back to the original Word document which I imported into Scribus in the first instance, but find that I cannot do this via the PDF. Can I therefore access a programme which will allow me to unlock the PDF files and make the corrections that way?
> Secondly, can I import files from Scribus 1.3.3. into the improved Scribus 1.4.4?
> Greetings from St Andrews, Scotland
> Dr Lorn Macintyre

I think your best option is to use 1.4.5, the current stable, to edit
the Scribus document. You can always open files from earlier versions.
In 1.5.0 and onward, there is an ability to import PDFs into Scribus,
but this isn't so useful for text, since the PDF pages are imported
vector graphics, not the original elements that made up the Scribus file.

Greg